If You Use Prefabs - Use the Best
What makes our prefabs unique? ProLab combined evidence-based research with advanced technology to make the P3 Functional Adult the only true functionally-corrected prefabricated orthoses. The P3 is so advanced that you can use it to:
- Replace low-Dye strapping
- Predict custom orthotic efficacy
- Prevent overuse injuries
- Treat or prevent plantar fasciitis
- Treat or prevent hallux limitus
- Treat or prevent metatarsalgia
Built on a semirigid polypropylene shell, the P3 includes corrections that were previously available only in custom devices, including:
- 2mm medial heel skive1
- 14mm heel cup
- 3° forefoot valgus correction2
- 4/4 rearfoot post or 0/0 spot grind3, 4
Add one of these optional topcovers to enhance P3 performance:
- Sport topcover – can improve the effectiveness of your patient’s athletic shoes. Use to treat or prevent overuse injuries.5
- Low-Impact topcover – patients with sensitive feet benefit from added cushioning
- EVA topcover – use for patients who want cushioning without bulk
- Kirby KA: The medial heel skive technique: Improving pronation control in foot orthoses. JAPMA 82:177, 1992.
- Kogler G, Veer FB, Solomonidis SE: The influence of medial and lateral placement of orthotic wedges on loading of the plantar aponeurosis. JBJS 81A:1403-1413, 1999
- Weed JH, Ratliff FDS, Ross SA. A biplanar grind for rearfoot post on functional orthoses. JAPA 1979 69:35.
- Blake RL, Ferguson H. Extrinsic rearfoot posts. J Am Podiat Med Assoc 1992 82:202
- Milgrom C, Giladi M, Kashtan H, et al. A prospective study of the effect of a shock-absorbing orthotic device on the incidence of stress fractures in military recruits. Foot Ankle. 1985:6 101-104.